Sunday 30 January 2011

Can You 'Buzz' Away the Signs of Aging?

I've been told I have nice skin, and while I'm happy to accept the compliment, the fact is I haven't done anything much to keep it that way. My usual routine is a mild cleanser plus some drugstore moisturizer ? and I'm good to go. But as I move through my 40s, I'm noticing a few faint lines on my forehead that I could swear weren't there just a few short years ago. So I was excited to test out the new "Naturally Ageless" anti-aging skin care line from Burt's Bees.

What's in this stuff? Burt's Bees is known for their natural products, and this new line is no different. Chief among the touted ingredients is pomegranate extract, which the manufacturer claims is an antioxidant that protects the skin. The package insert states that pomegranate is used to help prevent the signs of aging (like my pesky lines), but the other components can help "address" those signs. These include para cress, a type of herb, and Mexican wild yam, which is purported to have qualities similar to that of natural estrogen. Borage and evening primrose oil, which contains a natural form of an essential fatty acid called GLA, is supposed to increase firmness and is included in the Naturally Ageless Intensive Repairing Serum.

In addition to the serum, I tried a range of these products, including the Naturally Ageless Line Diminishing Day Lotion, Skin Firming Night Cr�me, and Line Smoothing Eye Cr�me. The day lotion had a thin, sticky quality when I applied it after my morning shower. While the night cr�me had a bit of that same tacky feel, it absorbed well after a few minutes, and my skin was soft and moisturized when I woke up in the morning. The eye cr�me and serum went on smoothly, but also sat on top of the skin after being rubbed in. One thing they all had in common ? the smell. I've liked other pomegranate-scented products, but I found the fruity fragrance in these to be very strong and slightly offputting ? reminiscent of a bowl of Froot Loops or a glass of punch.

So here's the million-dollar question: Did they work? After a month of trying out different combinations of these products, I haven't noticed any diminishing of my lines. While the moisturizing properties were good, it's hard to say over the long term whether they will stop any future wrinkles from developing. If you're used to having a sunscreen in your daily moisturizer, be advised that there's none in the day lotion, so you'll need to apply that separately (a real time-suck on a busy morning). But the real deal breaker for me is the fruity odor ? it's enough to keep me from using any of the Naturally Aging products on a regular basis.

Amy Solomon, Everyday Health Senior Editor

Source: http://www.everydayhealth.com/blogs/health-beauty-reviews/can-you-buzz-away-the-signs-of-aging

medicine ball 9/11 health bill

No comments:

Post a Comment