Sunday 16 January 2011

Makeup Must-Haves for the Busy Mom

As the resident new mom here at Everyday Health, I?m officially in a rush 24/7. There?s no time to sleep, I eat on the run, and makeup? Please. I barely have time to shower and run a comb through my hair in the morning, much less put on a face full of makeup.  If I get out of the house with mascara and lip gloss on these days, I count it as a major victory. And as much as I love makeup, I?d just about given up on using anything that would make me look more ?done.?

Now I?m on the lookout for beauty products that are portable, easy to apply, and make me look, well, more awake, I appreciate anything I can toss in my purse and apply on the go (in the elevator, on the subway?come on, admit it, you?ve done it too!). Philosophy?s The Color of Grace makeup line fits the bill. I?m toting around two of their sleek, silver compacts: The first is the Eyelighting Shadow Duo ($22) in Heaven (a perfect taupy beige) and Earth (a cool shade of brown).  I use Earth on my entire lid, then dab Heaven under my eyebrow and near my nose for an eye-brightening, yes-I-had-eight-hours-of-sleep effect.


The second compact holds Angel Kiss Lip Gloss, a creamy gloss with serious staying power. Pretty Please is a rosy pink shade that goes on much sheerer than it looks in the compact. Universally flattering, Pretty Please works well on its own or layered on top of lipstick.

Both compacts are reflective enough on the outside to work as a mirror in a pinch, but there?s a proper mirror inside the lids as well. The only downside? There?s no room for applicators in either compact, which is fine for the lip gloss (you can just swirl around a finger and dab it on), but using the eyeshadow can be trickier. In a serious pinch, you can use clean fingers to apply, but a proper shadow brush would yield a much neater result.

When I?m really in need of a makeup pick-me-up, I break out the Heavenly Light Pink Illuminator ($28), a highlighter with a hint of shimmer that can be used sparingly to make cheekbones pop or dotted all over your face for a refreshed, luminous glow. The flow-through applicator can be a bit tricky to master; practice at home before you give it a try on the fly.  And you may want to stash the Illuminator in a makeup bag?if your purse is anything like the jumbled mess mine is, that little cap will work its way off and you?ll get pink smudges all over the contents inside.

All products are available at Philosophy.com, and at Sephora and Nordstrom stores.

Melissa Johnson, Everyday Health Senior Editor 
 

Source: http://www.everydayhealth.com/blogs/health-beauty-reviews/makeup-musthaves-for-the-busy-mom

heartburn medicine sore throat

No comments:

Post a Comment